2021/22 Season Valentines Massacre
Time & Location
About the Event
Love is fun. Love is cruel. Golf is fun. Golf is cruel. Lets get to massacr-ing.
The 2020 St. Valentine's Massacre will be a two person teamed Texas Scrambe, with a twist. At each shot, the worst ball location of the pair is to be chosen for the next shot. The opposing pair may verify location. Each team takes the lowest stroke score for hole.
The Winner is determined by lowest net score, with 20% of the total team handicap applied for total strokes for the team. A tie is resolved by lowest gross score (without handicap applied), and if it is still tied, further resolved by count back of net scores (handicap applied against stroke index of holes). Season Points are awarded as follows: First Place - 3 points, Second Place - 2 points, and 1 point for everyone else. 1 point awarded for spot prizes: longest drive (mens and ladies) and closest to the pin (mixed).
The prize you ask? Bragging rights and of course the winning team buys a round of drinks for everyone else. Told you love is cruel. The losers will love you for it.
Notes and Rules:
1. Both players tee off. The worst tee shot is then selected, and both players play their second shot from that location. The team member with the worst shot marks the location of the ball with a tee or a coin, so that the other player knows where to place or drop their ball. (If you are in the fairway, you may place the ball. Everywhere else, you must drop in accordance with the rules (knee height).) You do this all the way through from teeing off until the last putt is made.
2. Opposing pair has the right to confirm worst ball location.......
3. Your pair may find themselves in a lot of trouble. Consider your options carefully! Hitting out of trouble may be the better option than taking a penalty drop.....
4. Max score on any hole is 2 Xs par (10, par 5, 8 par 4, 6 par 3). If you reach max, mark it and move on.
5. Green fees will be paid by the NGC for all participants. Balls for the driving range are free.
6. Please be at Tee Box 10 minutes before first tee time.
7. Play ready golf
8. If a ball might be lost, declare and hit a provisional.
a. If you need to search for a lost ball, no longer than 3 minutes.
b. If you did not hit a provisional and a ball is lost, take drop at nearest point of relief from entry and assess a two stroke penalty (second stroke to account for distance).
9. Putt out. No Gimmees.
10. Please try to capture some good photos in your group.
- Valentine's Massacre€56€560€0