St. Valentine's Massacre (Scramble)
Time & Location
About the Event
Love is fun. Love is curel. Golf is fun. Golf is curel. Lets get to massacring.
Green fees 35€ if more than 11 players, 40€ if less than 11
The 2020 St. Valentine's Massacre will be a two person teamed Texas Scrambe, with a twist. At each shot, the worst ball location of the pair is to be chosen for the next shot. The opposing pair may verify location. Each team takes the lowest stroke score for hole.
Winner determined by lowest gross strokes, without handicap. Tie resolved by count back. 3 points 1st, 2 points 2nd, 1 for those not placing. 1 Point additional point for longest drive and closest to pin added to other score.
The prize you ask? Bragging rights and of course the winning team buys a round of drinks for everyone else. Told you love is cruel. The losers will love you for it.
Winners get 3 season long points each. 2nd Place gets 2 points each. All others get 1 point. An additional point will be added for longest drive and closest to the pin.
Oh, and one other thing. The winning team buys a round for all others,
Notes and Rules:
1. Each player plays through the hole. The team member with the worst shot marks the location of the ball with a tee or a coin, so that the other player knows where to put their ball. You do this all the way through from teeing off until the last putt is made. was made.
2. Opposing pair has the right to confirm worst ball location.......
3. Your pair may find themselves in a lot of trouble. If you have to take a drop, thing hard before doing so. Hitting out of trouble may be the better option.....
4. Max score on any hole is 2 Xs par (10, par 5, 8 par 4, 6 par 3). If you reach max, mark it and move on.
5. Please ensure you have registered with the office and paid your green fees before start time. Green fees are 50Euro, or 45, depending on number of sign ups.
6. Please be at Tee Box 10 minutes before first tee time.
7. Play ready golf
8. If a ball might be lost, declare and hit a provisional.
a. If you need to search for a lost ball, no longer than 3 minutes.
b. If you did not hit a provisional and a ball is lost, take drop at nearest point of relief from entry and assess a two stroke penalty (second stroke to account for distance).
9. Put out. No Gimmees.
10. Please try to capture some good photos in your group.